Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bowel cleansing?

I am 15 years old, and need to know about a natural bowel cleansing idea.





I have a bad stomach/intestines. I have gastritis, inflammation of my colon, erosion, and 'white scarring,'and pain, and no prescribed medicine has treated any of these symptoms. I used to have to get an endo- and colonoscopy monthly to check up on my backed up bowels and etc. Since then, I haven't been able to use any laxative to help clean me out.





There is a gross tasting lemon-like formula available at a pharmacy or store, I think it's liquid magnesium, the doctor made me drink two bottles of it before the procedure, and it made stool liquid until it was gone...but I think I had to take a pill with it, and I don't know where to get the liquid, and if I have to be a certain age. Now I obv. can't get the pill because I don't see the doc. anymore.





Is there any liquid or pill that I can take available to 15 year olds to help cleanse my bowels in the span of 1 to 2 days w/ fasting? (Not a continual med.)Bowel cleansing?
Ella, are you being straight with us? If you have white scaring, intestinal erosions and pain with frequent bouts of constipation, you belong under a doctor's care. Furthermore, you have had frequent endoscopies. My bias is that you have your parents take you to a pediatric gastroenterologist.





We cannot give you good recommendations with the limited info you gave us, no matter how good our intentions are. (And as you have seen by a previous answer, some intentions are not good!)Bowel cleansing?
A Quarter Pounder and Cheese always does the trick for me!!!!
It sounds like you might have Crohn's disease or ulcertive colitis. That requires treatment by a gastroenterologist, frequently with some heavy-duty drugs. Some people choose to have parts of their colon removed for that condition.





If you use a bowel prep as a laxative, you are likely to mess up your electrolyte balance (the sodium, potassium and such that is in your blood) and that can cause real problems (heart problems, seizures, etc.) Don't do it unless under a doctor's care.





Have your parents get you to a doctor who can help you.
Go see a Pediatric Gastroenterologist.
  • windows web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment