Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I am pregnant and want to go on a total bowel and body cleansing. Is this safe? Should I wait? Start slow ?

I recently read a book about bowel cleansing and how it can affect your entire health. Having a not so healthy or compacted bowel can lead to all types of diseases. Constipation is a sign of problems in the bowel, and I have been experiencing that way before I became pregnant. It's all sorts of herbal programs along with having a doctor cleanse your bowel that are out there. I understand that you are also supposed to change your diet. I REALLY want to get started on a program but don't know if it's safe because I am pregnant. All the products are all natural but I think maybe could still harm the baby. I really want to have my bowel thoroughly cleansed and my Immune system boosted to it's highest potential and also all of my internal organs, cells, and tissues detoxified to restore my body back to normal functioning. Has anyone pregnant done this or know of anyone that has? Or does anyone have more info or recomend any particular product or program that is 100% safe for pregnantI am pregnant and want to go on a total bowel and body cleansing. Is this safe? Should I wait? Start slow ?
I wouldn't do it until after you have the baby. Changing your diet isn't a bad thing, but changing it radically when you are pregnant is. It could upset your bodies balance of vitamins and nutrients and not give the baby the nutrients it needs. Don't listen to people who say it's fine to start slow on something like this. Bowel cleansing shouldn't be done when you are pregnant. It can upset your natural enzimes and can lead to further problems. If you have problems with constipation, there are some things you can do to help. Here is what I recommend to patients.. it really works, I've done it myself when I was pregnant.





Use 2 Tbsp of unprocessed wheat bran or prune juice to your daily diet. Sprinkle over cereal, salad, or stir in juice. You can find it by the flour in the supermarket.





Increase your fluid intake.





Try bran 1st then try milk of magnesia or metamucil, colace or docolax.





Increase exercise.





If you want your immune system boosted, take your prenatal vitamins. I wouldn't recommend anything organic or herbal. Some of these can cause problems with pregnancy and with development of the baby. Just because something is all natural doesn't mean it's all safe. Anybody who would do this on a pregnant woman needs to have a good talking to. Your body is already messed up from being pregnant, and everything is out of wack. It isn't going to help to have this done. It may make things worse and cause you to have problems later in pregnancy.





There isn't anything like this that is 100% safe for pregnancy, that's why we recommend staying away from it when you are pregnant. Wait until your hormones have calmed down and your body has time to get back to semi-normal before you start anything like this.I am pregnant and want to go on a total bowel and body cleansing. Is this safe? Should I wait? Start slow ?
honestly i would wait until after you have the baby. its not worth it to put your baby at risk of being unhealthy or even harmed. you have waited this long not doing it, why cant you wait just a few more months?
Do not do this. It could cause a miscarriage. This information is totally false. Talk to your Dr if you have problems with constipation. You need to eat roughage such as bran flakes, eat fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water.
ask your ob
I would talk to your doctor before doing this because there are herbs that are harmful to an unborn baby. If there is a safe program for your pregnancy then your doctor is the person who will know what is best. Eat healthy and take your prenatal vitamin everyday, that's the best advice I think you can be given by a non-professional.
Start slow, change diet to something with more vitamin's. Eat ruffage(greens in salads), contact me for further advice, I am willing to help. My wife went through the same thing, and I helped her.
I have heard of this procedure, but have never personally done it. If I were you, I'd wait until after your baby is born and you have recuperated. You could also ask your OB/GYN for his/her opinion. Why have this done now? I assume you're atleast 18...you've had many years to do this, a few more months won't hurt you to wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment